taytyme

Thursday, February 08, 2007

Come on, brothers. Everybody knows that Taytyme's pet peeves are many and not mild. Take other people trying to light my cigarette. It’s not a team sport, man. You and I are too many cooks for this kitchen. My smoke's starting to look like one of those cigars that blows up in the face of a cartoon, because the tip of it was the last bit to actually touch the flame. My crossed eyes and jutted jaw are like a Neanderthal's, and girls who thought I looked good a minute ago are now acutely aware that I'm no kind of a smooth operator. Just hand me your lighter! Three times out of five I won’t put it away in my own pocket.

And Moses damn Malone, what about those blogs that just show you what a dude looked at on the internet today? You know, the whole category of “the internet, as I see it” blogs. The "hey man, look at this" variety. Put that baloney in an email to your friends. I already have the internet, and I sure as shit don't need you to tell me what's on it. It's like when people tell me that I HAVE to hear some band, see some movie, or go to some restaurant. I punch those fuckers in the tits and say, “Nobody tells me what to do.”

That being said, look what popped up the other night when Taytyme came home dronked up and googled "gayest band in the world."

10 Comments:

At 8:09 PM, Blogger larry j slimfast said...

i googled "gayest blog in the world" and it was some dude named brandes talking about taytyme... and this.

i'm in new york city and i'm about to go downstairs to the bar where there is some "country" act from tennessee playing.

 
At 6:06 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Umm, that dude's comments on 'gayest band in the world' are the best thing I've ever read. I mean everything's misspelled, even guitar, yet I still respect his opinion, because it's completely dead on.

Look at this gem:
"Simple Plan -
like most new bands they dont have the talent to play gutiar solos (that are more than 3 notes) and there singer is in his 30s but he tries to wine about how horribble his life is how everyone makes fun of him and how hes just a kid and all that but maybe he wouldnt be treated so badly if he werent so lame"
His list is rife with grammatical errors, incorrect or missing punctuation, misspelled and misused words. But I fucking love it. Oh, and I'm assuming it's a dude, I have no idea.

 
At 11:27 AM, Blogger taytyme said...

My favorite is how Slipknot's problem is too many members.

 
At 1:28 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

his grammar issues nearly made my head explode. anyway, I find myself most elated and confused by the comments about Drake Bell, who is "way too overrated", although damn if I've ever heard of him. but here's the clincher: "he dosent have long hair like he thinks he does". what?

 
At 2:54 PM, Blogger taytyme said...

Yeah, I haven't heard most of the bands on his list, but several of them I've never even heard OF. If his descriptions are at all accurate, I should probably count my blessings.

 
At 2:55 PM, Blogger taytyme said...

I also thought he was talking about the Dave Clark Five when he said the Click 5 were Beatles wannabes without the good songs.

 
At 11:31 AM, Blogger taytyme said...

Cheg it oot, dawgz. I went out to meet some friends last night carrying only a pack of smokes and four matches, but this morning I found two mini lighters in my pocket.

 
At 1:58 PM, Blogger Delaney Mae said...

Actually, the Click Five are a boy band who do things like shake their butts in coordinated dance moves. The keyboard/keytar player grew up with my boo and he's actually a talented guy stuck in a shit band. You're not missing anything.

 
At 4:36 PM, Blogger larry j slimfast said...

It makes sense that Click Five is a boy band if their keyboard player grew up with Usher and Beyonce.

 
At 10:38 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

so, um, "mized" is my favorite new word...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home