taytyme

Saturday, August 26, 2006

Weekend Forum

Now I know as well as you that you tune into taytyme for two reasons: to find out what's on my mind and then to find out how what's on my mind is gonna play out once I set to elocuting. Trust me, I'm pretty impressed by it too. Shit, I probably read taytyme even more often than you do. In fact, about the only thing I like better than taytyme is a good old-fashioned hangin'.

Now I don't want to scare away potential new readers by turning over the reigns to some rank-ass amatuers, but I'd be willing to pose a question for your own pondering maybe just this once. So the band Squeeze, okay? They are totally good except for this one terrible member who plays the keyboards. The era gives the dude a little leeway on some of the ridiculous sounds he used, but his actual parts are SO BAD that they pretty much ruin the songs. (I know they went through two keyboarders over the course of a few records, but they both sucked so bad that its not even worth mentioning their names. I'd rather just refer to the pair of them as one big shitty problem.) If you could get a Squeeze record with all the keyboards muted, you'd have evidence of an amazing band. What I'm asking you to do is come up with other bands that are super good with the exception of one member who sabotages them at every turn. Okay? GO!

12 Comments:

At 10:58 AM, Blogger taytyme said...

Excellent! Next?

 
At 9:22 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

forgive the apparent misogyny, but may I suggest the keyboard girl from the clutters and the guitar girl from forget cassettes?

 
At 10:07 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

The guy in the Sugarcubes: the singer that is not Bjork. I consider him the Fred Schneider of Iceland. Mind you - the Fred Schneider of Athens is A-OK, but as a nordic postulating wizard, this is not OK.

 
At 12:00 PM, Blogger taytyme said...

VERY nice, C.P.

 
At 2:20 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hmm, Pearl Jam might be an okay band if it wasn't for Eddie Vedder. I'm not even sure if he sucks or not I just know I want to punch him in the face every time I see or hear him.

 
At 8:42 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I wouldn’t want to punch Jeff Buckley in the face so much if his vibrato would quit the band.

 
At 10:35 AM, Blogger taytyme said...

Catapult Parlor is on FI-YAAAAAH!!

 
At 3:56 PM, Blogger taytyme said...

Shirt of Salt, that is an unacceptable answer. E.V. blows, but Pearl Jam is still a collectively shitty band.

 
At 3:55 PM, Blogger larry j slimfast said...

just 'cause you don't get pissed off when your face is on the cover of Rolling Stone...

 
At 4:31 PM, Blogger taytyme said...

...doesn't mean that your band is not totally G-A-Y.

 
At 7:07 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

aaaah catapult! I am actually listening to the sugarcubes right now thinking -- "I love that guy! He's just like the Fred Schneider of Iceland..."
Dude! Fjord Fred is an okay dude!

However, REM would have been, and might still be tolerable had Stipe perhaps been run over by one of those boxcars he always sings about.

 
At 11:18 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

It feels like I'm being unfaithful to say it out loud like this, but, man, as much as I love Lucero why can't they get a guitar player who can fucking actually play guitar? Seriously, everyone in the band is so good except the guitar player sounds like he's my grandparent's neighbor's youngest son who just put together a band and got his first gig playing at Prom and thinks now that maybe he won't go to college 'cause like, dude, he's totally gonna do this band thing.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home