taytyme

Sunday, September 03, 2006

SV Action

Holy shit if taytyme didn't wake up at 2:30 today and hadn't yet slept off a headache. "That's how it goes playin in a band," a poet once soothed. Actually, that's how it goes when you get your shitter kicked in by fucking SPIDER VIRUS on a Saturday night. All I can say is that they were meaner than the Christ child in a bad mood and on crack cocaine. Honestly - and you know I don't say this lightly - the early era SV songs outrock anything anybody could ever do. Including Valient Thorr. Including the Jesus Lizard. Including Slayer. Including Fair Warning and Mini Kiss. Seriously. Last week two different people said to me, "I saw them in '96 and they were so fucking scary - it was insane." If you always chickened out of seeing them, you'll never understand. The machismo in a room where Spider Virus is playing is thicker than semen. They rock so hard that it actually smells like balls.

This is all I'm saying: the next time somebody tells you some bullshit about Jason and the Scorchers or Clockhammer or Who Hit John or even F.U.C.T., you tell them to fuck off. Because anyone who knows anything about the history of this scene would rather be rocking Spider Virus.

3 Comments:

At 2:14 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ain't no better way to say it. I got raped at a Spider Virus show in '94 and brag about it to this day.

 
At 7:15 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

and I'm a result of some of that SV action.
I aint too sure who my daddy is, but I sure as hell gotta be the only little skeeter on the planet whose birth mama is a man.

 
At 9:04 AM, Blogger taytyme said...

Spider Virus could rock babies right out of your pee hole.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home