taytyme

Thursday, September 21, 2006

So Taytyme has this old high school friend from the Philly days. He went to a show his friend’s band played in Nashville last night, and here’s what two ten-dollar cab rides got him: a totally free totally badass show (the band is quite good), three Budweisers and an accidental bud lite, two shots of whiskey, excellent conversation, a case of mistaken identity resulting in more free drinks (what band was I supposedly in?), an unopened “litre” of Bombay Saphire, two thirds of a bottle of Auchentoshan, half a bottle of Appleton Estate, three St. Pauli Girls, five butterfingers, a Baby Ruth, an incomprehensible number of individually-wrapped tic-tacs, a poster, a t-shirt, and a pair of well-fitting Levis. This, my friends, is an incredible band. I also got the impression that I can shop for free at Target for the rest of my life, as long as I don’t throw away my “laminate.”

3 Comments:

At 1:25 AM, Blogger taytyme said...

Re-evaluation shows that I also got a biggish can of StarKist tuna, one of those repelling tools that you attach your keys to (it has a built-in flash light), a fake glow-in-the-dark ice cube, twelve “30 days free” Yahoo music cards, a pack of Target matches, and a cd sampler of Target-sponsored music featuring Gnarls Barkley, James Blunt, Wolfmother, Matisyahu, Dashboard Confessional, The Panic Channel, Editors, Taking Back Sunday, Ben Harper, Jenny Lewis (with the) Watson Twins, O.A.R., Teddy Geiger, KT Tunstall, Angels and Airwaves, Nine Black Alps, Flyleaf, and Red Jumpsuit Apparatus. Here’s the taytyme fall contest: Have you heard of more than three of these bands? Tay has ain’t. If YOU have, and you can prove it without some google shit, you win a night in Tay’s baid!

 
At 6:41 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

How does one prove that they didn't Google the bands? 'Cause I know 'em and that's a prize worth winning. Well, unless part of the prize is the CD because then one might actually listen to it and then jam a pencil in their ears to make it stop and that would suck.

Man, Tay, I thought I had a fine night, but if you could have a night like that every week you'd never have to shop again.

 
At 2:42 PM, Blogger larry j slimfast said...

I know of five but I have dog shit on my shoe and a 3 day old Stag in my fridge so I don't have tyme to prove it ryght now.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home